Thread: Holy Crap
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 03:31 AM   #10
soljax

soljax is on a distinguished road
RE: myrdred23

They will make a great deal of money from this ploy, despite giving 10% of it away.  One of the things that motivates people to pay exhorbant amounts of money on nothing is the idea that it's a donation.

Mr. Mike is a very good businessman.  I know for a fact how he normally sells his product.  

First of all, people want his product. (it makes them gods among mortals)  It's just incredibly expensive and any wise consumer (in the right mind) wouldn't buy it.  To overcome any inhibitions that people may have, he plays on their sense of responsibility: "We need donations to keep the game running".  Oh, well in that case it's perfectly fine to drop a couple grand.  

This time, (around christmas) people are feeling particularily generous.  He pulled out the "do it for the kids" card and played it quite well.  I'm doing him a great service by even talking about it.

I don't have anything against Mr. Mike, I just can recognize shrewd business a mile away.  

RE: Alastair
The only one that isn't contributing to this board, currently, is you.  Instead of vouching for the owners of these forums, why don't you read the policy instead.  You'll find that it's okay to talk about controversial subjects.  What you do, on the otherhand, isn't okay.  

if you'd like to brush up on your definition of hypocrite.
soljax is offline   Reply With Quote