View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #53
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for RP-focused MUD with as little combat as possible

Well, that's for people who WANT to level up. You don't have to participate in that side of the game if you don't want to. Also, we have help files for almost EVERYTHING, whether its RP related or not.

As a new player, you have access to the heritage channel to get help from other players. Ask on heritage for some suggestions where to start off just hanging out and roleplaying. Or you can just head to one of the major taverns (in town type 'travel tavern') and there is almost always something interesting going on. If you have a good idea what your character is all about, that obviously helps since it gives you a jumping off point.

Threshold is a living, breathing world with over 13 real life years of history. This means you won't just login to a room where people are play acting. Roleplaying takes place in the context of the world, with all of its politics, economics, religion, etc. So just as in the real world, you need to put yourself out there to meet people, or go to social gathering places (again, taverns are a good place to start, temples are also good).

I don't want to spam the thread with pure Threshold stuff, so if you or someone else wants to send me a PM I am sure I can help you get started.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote