View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #23
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
From

There is a difference, at least in my view, between these sorts of tentative predictions, couched as they are in various disclaimers, and accusations of purposeful, blind and indeed criminal wrongdoing in the oil industry.

You want to strike at the heart of high energy costs, organize purposeful, long term, meaningful reductions in consumption.  If oil companies are having more luck convincing people to buy than you are convincting them not to buy, I would like to encourage you to analyze your message and see if you can't come up with perhaps some more exciting, positive ways of getting your point across and motivating the population in general, because I myself at least am worn out on all the back and forth of how almost everything and everyone is just unacceptably morally bankrupt if they do not take this or that political or economic stand.

I suppose I could have just said "ditto Ilkidarios ".   I just wish.. I just WISH that we had a political party that would cut the right and the left out and govern from the center.  I don't think the Democrats or the Republicans can.  To cut their base is to lose elections, but a new party could appeal to the broad middle, and it would be ever so good for the public discourse I think.  I was approaching being actually hopeful when Sharon basically did this in Israel, parting from his own party to stake out the middle ground.  It's a shame he had to have his stroke now, of all times.  Still, the idea is out there now.  Sure wish I knew where to go to find someone willing to do that in the good ol' U. S. of A.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote