View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: Codebase with Crafting

There's always Moo, which is well-documented and geared for everyone is a builder. This is at the cost of crafting systems, and it really isn't intended to be locked down to the level of a mud--it can be, but the intent is that everyone is going to be building, at least on most databases. You lose combat, though, so it depends on what you want. If your intent is that you build and others play, then that isn't the right choice; if your intent is that everyone builds and no one plays, moo is worth looking at. You could qwrite a space simulation, that's been done, or a science fiction rpg with coded combat, or anything on top of it, it's just geared towards everyone building and social interaction more so than combat and hack and slash.

For someone who does not want to program, coffeemud is probably your best bet. It provides everything, and I do mean everything; this is both good and bad. There's not much room to add new skills and spells, but you can add all sorts of crazy areas.

Do realize that this is only my opinion, and that this thread is not yet new enough to have attraced other responders; I watch these forums like a hawk, and many others do not.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote