View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 12:45 AM   #149
Aeledius

Aeledius is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Aeledius Send a message via AIM to Aeledius Send a message via MSN to Aeledius
No, I have never been banned by your game, and in fact have played for a few years, including a lengthy stint as a guide.  As I said, I have absolutely nothing against your code, nor its players, nor even most of its administration.  Infact, one of your gods I count a good aquaintance.  But after playing there for so long, ones eyes begin to open to how it is run at the upper levels.

For most muds, the number one concern is (and most mud admin will agree with this I'm sure) the players and they're enjoyment.  Pure and simple.  At Achaea, it seems to be, the players and how much money I can get from them before they find out what we're like.

Did you ever stop to wonder why the "mudding community" has always attacked your MUD?  You may think its because your pay to play, but its not.  You may think its because you claim to not be pay to play, but you are, but its not.  Its because of how you run it, plain and simple.

If it was just one thing, I'm sure noone would bother, but it seems to be many.  And is this personal, yes, because it is how YOU run Achaea, not what Achaea has done as a whole.  This is the administrators forum.

That is why this thread is called Achaea's LATEST attempt to claim #1.  It is not the first.  I think your quotes on your page are, which, although they may or may not be false, are just without any real bearing.  I don't post on my site that my sister says my MUD is the best, because as nice is it is for me to hear it, no else really cares. Second is your absurd post on MudConnector.com.  The fact that you have the odacity to proclaim yourself as the #1, but then, to switch it over to Aetolia with no explaination (not that it matters cause its baseless) is just ludicrous. Finally, after years(?) of people saying you shouldn't be doing this because your not, you finally devise a scheme which, for some idiotice reason, you think will make everything alright.  But, many of us feel it violates the SPIRIT of the votes.  THIS is the problem that we are addressing in this thread. Not that its illegal, because its obviously not, but that we feel, and I think our feelings are valid, the fact that there have been an insane number of posts on this topic shows this, that it is in violation of a higher rule, that of ethics.

In any event, I did try to stop it from being personal, but I feel you threw the first stone there.  As with children, you cannot argue rationally until they get it out of there system, and I am as much a child as you are, I will admit to that.  Unfortunately, we do not have the luxury of the hand of a parent to guide us here, forcefully or otherwise.

Now, I hope we have gotten our ranting and raving our of our system, and we can continue like the adults we pretend to be.