View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #123
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

Hmm. I think you may be arguing yourself in circles here. If they didn't care about our mud or our article, it would have very likely rested in its little corner of Wikipedia, left alone to rot along with things like polymorphism, Darkness Falls, and half a dozen muds I'm not going to name lest I help wiki-hatchet-warriors find them before their time. Also, if the admins didn't care, I somehow think it wouldn't have resulted in one of the longest AfDs in the history of Wikipedia, and the story has been picked up by people who have never once logged into Threshold. It seems like, perhaps, a lot of people care. Obviously, you don't care except to post about how much you don't care.

What big hands you have! You can't assume that other muds reflect your own user-base or generate the same interest that yours does. I definitely don't assume that our usage is the same as Aardwolf, Achaea, Medievia, Gemstone III, Discworld, or mushes and mucks that have userbases much bigger than ours.

I wonder if muds have a smaller cult following than say amigurumi, Long Shot, or Jem and the Misfits. Again, I don't think you should use the usage of your own mud to judge how big or small the genre is.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote