View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Violette

2nd Great (greatest? worldwide?) Depression

I'm sorry to be such a downer in the Break Room, lol.

How do fellow mudders here feel about this?

The culprit:
I usually avoid news and politics like rotten eggs. Once in a while though, curiosity gets the best of me. Since yesterday I've been researching a lot, because of something I read. It started out with researching unemployment forecasts, since I'm currently unemployed. So I found an article which had some bad news, and then I went to the comments page because I like to get knowledgeable about differing opinions. What stood out for me was an intelligent post calmly quoting an economist stating that logistically, there are only two outcomes... eventually the American dollar loses all value, or the economy hits rock bottom and crashes totally... and since the whole system needs an overhaul, these two are certain.

So I'm seriously starting to think that it is better to be prepared, whatever the outcome. I'm currently researching ways on how to get prepared (learning how to use a gun, taking some savings out of the bank, etc).

The question:
If the absolute worst case scenario comes to pass... there will be no more MUDs, probably? They are not vital to survival anyway. But I am just curious. Overall, what do you think about this possible outcome? What will you do? What will happen?