View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 05:16 PM   #185
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Okay, now you're confusing me. You asked what the purpose of my posting was, and I explained that it was because I felt Vryce and Traithe were completely different scenarios. You then responded with "I don't think anyone has equated Traithe and Vryce". When I point out that that's exactly what the original poster repeatedly did, you respond "the point is a reasonable one as far as his direct point". Well, no, it isn't - and that's the point I've been arguing for the last 19 pages of posts.

No, it is not, because they have made their position - their wishes - clear on the matter.

Then please refer to it as such. A copyright notice has absolutely nothing to do with copyright licenses.

Because they are trying to force their own interpretation of someone else's legal wishes onto me, and then attacking me for not defending their own interpretation of what is or isn't "reasonable". It also runs very close to the Medievia sock-puppet argument of "lots of people steal mp3s, so should attack them as well, otherwise you're being a hypocrite".

If the_logos, or you, or anyone else wishes to defend other aspects of copyright which you feel are important, then go for it. But I do not consider "fan fiction" - when the author knows about it and hasn't said a word about it - to be something to be worry about; it is not even remotely close to what Vryce has done. So you deal with what bothers you, and I will deal with what bothers me.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote