View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 08:11 AM   #7
vitae

vitae is on a distinguished road
Well, tried it. I made a gnome crafter.
For all of 20 mins before I decided that it wasn't for me. I know, not even close to being enuf time.

My reasons are thus:

1) There were at least 2 typos right at the begining of the creation process. I can understand typos in rooms descs, or mobs, but the 1st thing a new player sees IS the opening stuff, and to have typos on there is very shoddy.  I submitted 3 typos via the typo function, one of them, the one about stats I take back. after being on aardwolf for 7yrs, where there is a stats command, and seeing in a help file "see also stats" I just natually assumed that there was a stats command. It just meant to check the help file. WHOOPS.

2) NEWBIE CHANNEL IS FOR NEWBIES!  What do i mean? I'm lvl 1, just logged in. Wanted to say "HEYA!"  Typed newbie HEYA!  and I get a msg saying that I can't use the newbie channel until I'm lvl 2. Umm..yeah...

3) I was dropped in a "newbie area" with NO eq. NONE. Whatsoever. Ran into 2 mobs. I considered the 1st one, it woulda been able to kick my ass. I left that one alone. I walked some more. Came across mob #2. Considered it. What it said lead me to believe that I could kill it, maybe with some difficulty, but I might be able to.  3 rounds later i'm fleeing with 2hp's left. HELLO?...NEWBIE AREA...

4) I waited maybe a minute to let me HP's restore. I walked one south to find my mob, and walked into pitch darkness. Apparently night had set. Couldn't fight the mob, couldn't pick anything up, there was no map, and I kept walking into walls...rocks, whatever i was hitting. Now, while I HAD been walking around looking at the rooms, all i found was loads of leather, loads of driftwood and loads of bottles. No where had I found any thing resembling eq that I could wear. No where had I found even a torch. Some how, I have the feeling that even if I HAD found a torch, I wouldn't have been able to light it by just wearing it like every other mud, but would need a tinderbox to help me light it 1st. If this is a newbie area, and players are expected to lvl there, it WILL take some time since despite what consider says, the mobs WILL kick your ass, and having a few torches laying around wouldn't be a bad thing. And before anything is said about stats, I rolled my stats for 5 minutes. Settled for the best that I was able to get, which was 16 str and 15 dex and 8 con and some other stuff for the other stats. I never rolled anything better than 8 in con btw.

Pretty much after all this I decided to just leave well enuf alone and delete myself.
Oh, as for mature, I'm 34, have a wife and a very bright 3yr old daughter. I am the mud class-clown. I play and have fun, crack jokes and poke fun at people. I have mudded for about 9yrs now. I have climbed to Co-Clan Leader or Romani in Aardwolf (only cause no one wanted the job really...but I was drunk and didn't get outta the line fast enuf)
So I think I have a good level of maturity. Those that know me and read this are laughing thier asses off now, but they know it's true.
Sorry for the long post.
vitae is offline   Reply With Quote