View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: What do you do while you play a MUD?

I'm with you. When I played RPIs I tended to stay focused on my RP even if I was the only person in the room/game. In the early days I'd also have a browser open with the game's website up so I could make reference if needed as well as the usual email and messenger programs (the latter sometimes set to AFK though I tried not to do that since I always forget to remove it even when I'd logged off the game). Many who know me over AIM are probably familiar with my use of short initial responses like "?" which is a holdover from my RP days when I'd sometimes be unable to type a full sentence due to my attention being on RP in-game. I still tend to do that when I'm doing something else like playing non-MUD computer games, reading or watching a movie, etc.

The same was true when I played H&S though I was never much into leveling and gaining experience points so I rarely found myself in a situation for long that demanded my attention like that of RPIs or other RP MUDs. In fact, quite the opposite was true. I'd have the H&S up on the computer while doing something I was focused on and would just occassionally look over at the game to see if anything interesting was going on. I don't know how many papers I wrote in college with the scroll of a MUD flickering along the edge of the screen behind Word. :-D
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote