View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #94
Disillusionist

Disillusionist will become famous soon enough
Re: How many muds have permadeath?

<Snip. Hmm my scissors are wearing out... - Xerihae>

'Realistic' RP isn't the penultimate. Quite often, it's the most mundane, and all the elements of what makes for RP that you listed are exactly what I'm talking about when I say... RP. Playing a Role. Making a Role and Playing it. Acting. Staying In Character. You may need this broken down a bit. That includes walking, talking, accent/dialect, biases, faults/flaws, fears, favorites, mannerisms, and something usually lacking in RPIs as far as I'm concerned, the ACTOR's ability to move from one playing clique to another if the character dies, rather than rolling a new perma-death character, and playing with the same people you played with in all your other perma-death creatures, because REALISTICALLY, a character isn't -aware- of the actors behind the scenes (and therefore more predisposed to hang out with them). Characters rolled up knowing you're going to be playing with the same clique already have a built-in weird stat: Compatibility With Former Character's Clique, hereafter abbreviated as CWFCC. The stat may not show up on screen, but it sure shows up in the character generation process.

Subsets or parcels of features may be the crutch you personally need to produce your idea of quality roleplay, and for that, I hope some seasoning improves both your skills and your ability to express them clearly, and the ability to see beyond a narrow point of view. All the things you crave in a MUD are fine and dandy, especially if they help you to do that.

Let me tell you why I am certain you lack the basis for elitism. Roleplaying, acting, hell, having a conversation... is -listening- and responding organically. Your listening, reasoning and responsive skills are underformed. Perfect example, when addressing -me-, you still insert an aside to an imaginary audience of followers, when a person paying attention to the thread would realize that here and elsewhere, your posts largely miss the point, and quite a few people disagree with you, constantly pointing out that you don't listen, or when you do, it's to 'interpret' posts to mean something they don't, trip all over yourself defending careless thoughts/words, and to still pound your chest at the end of the day like you've triumphed over those whom would dare deign to gainsay thee.

You may need all the 'realism' you claim exists in your mud in order to seamlessly and effortlessly stay in character. To that, what can I say? Those are your needs. Those are your opinions, and you are of course entitled to them. Not everyone is thus shackled, and shockingly, some of those people who disagree with you might just be doing it for your edification.
What you're not entitled to is the psuedo-authoritative veneer that is so evident in your posts and videos, particularly the ridiculous one where you're munching a banana, and clearly demonstrating a dishonest intent in exposing an obvious bias to prove a dishonest point. That, and you lied to your parents. Admirable.

I'm a purist. RP is RP. That statement doesn't require your interpretation from English to Derelakian. Realism and believability are not always compatible creatures, and perma-death, one single feature, the topic of this thread, is not a necessary feature to promote the kind of RP that 99% of people would find satisfying. In just as many cases where someone could cite that it promoted quality RP, I can list a dozen where it did precisely the opposite. I can -easily- see, based on your responses and your particularly petty and vindictive video, that interacting with you in a perma-death mud, especially where you might be an admin, would be an exercise in trying to confuse someone with REALITY and FACTS.

Respond eleven times to my post, somewhere in your 2-1 responses to every other post on the thread. It's this kind of limelight-groping center-of-attention-deficit disorder behavior that makes me wonder what you think you know about quality INTERactions at all. I made my point, and some get it. Some don't.
There's no need to belabor it.

I wonder, in your busy day of making this whompin' good mud of yours, how it is that your time is spent making videos to support invalid points, writing posts to defend careless and underformed thoughts and words, that you actually have time to make a mud.

Worse than wasting your time, by far, is the fact that I just wasted mine in the hope your viewpoint might expand a millimeter to accept that your subjective qualifications for what is an RPI is precisely that. Your opinion, and chockful of biases that you seem utterly unaware of.

It won't happen again. What you might try and absorb is how much you've hurt your future business in your posting style and content. I cannot think of even one reason at all, based on what I've read, to even -try- your mud, and decades of RP experience demonstrate I'll try damned near -anything-.

I repeat.
Yeesh.

Last edited by Xerihae : 04-28-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Disillusionist is offline   Reply With Quote