View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #95
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: How many muds have permadeath?

<Snip - Xerihae>

No, I never said it was the penultimate. But to claim that it is mundane is just ignorance. I'm not trying to judge the roleplay at other muds, I speak only from personal preference. The fact that you say mannerisms, fears, flaws/faults, etc, are all LACKING at RPI Muds is the most ignorant statement you can make about an RPI mud. I'm also not even going to go into "cliques" because they don't even really exist on RPI muds, you don't know who you're playing with, because there is no OOC communication. Besides the fact that players will do whatever they want behind the scenes, you can't stop this, but your blatant attack on RPI's in general has no evidence anyway.

Actually you don't listen on the internet, you read and comprehend, something I elluded to earlier that you obviously have no ability to do.

Shackled? I wouldn't say I'm shackled, I play MANY different types of muds. But when it comes to the quality of roleplaying, I cannot deny in my experiences that permadeath and RPI muds have been at the top of the ladder, period. I'm not even going to respond to your personal attack, you're obviously a simple Threshold player having a hissy fit over my videos, if you want to talk man to man you can easily e-mail me or PM me.

I would disagree that RP is RP. There are many different types of roleplaying, just like their are many different types of acting. It is not so cut and dry as you make it seem, it not so simple. Perhaps for you simplicity is the key to having fun, so be it. I prefer in-depth plots, characters, and an in-depth world.

Again I'm not going to respond to personal attacks. We're both derailing this thread, as it is about permadeath and how that affects MUDs in general, not about RPI's, even though the both are explicitely linked.

Last edited by Xerihae : 04-28-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote