View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #28
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
I posted this before, but I guess it didn't go through. So here;s the short verison. I think Accursed Lands and Lusternia fill your requirements. Now, I've been away from AL for some time and I'm just nosing around Lusternia now.

1. Everything saves, to my knowledge, on both games.

2. Like I'll say later in the post, AL's totally IC. You figure allmost every trade or the mechanics out by trial and error, yesearching IG or RP. I'll say 75% of all the stuff I did look for ( like skill lists, maps and such) were out in the open in Lusternia. There's still stuff to figure out by yourself, though.

3. AL is skill based, I think. So go through your daily life of hunting/crafting/etc and you will learn your trade. Lusternia has a Influence system, quests, etc.

4. AL has lots of secret places and such to explore. Lusternia had explorer rankings and lots of nicks and cranny's to explore too.

4a. Crafting skills? AL, check. Lusternia, check.

4b-c Both have herbalism. AL's is a secret and if I remember right, figuring out the herbal and alchemy system is like a mini-quest. Find that out and you will find yourself in a great position. If you're like me, this will interest you.

5. Last I checked, AL was still growing. But whenI played, they changed the starting city. So that all newbies start in the same common city, rather than their hometowns.

6. AL, I don't know. Lusternia, I guess so.

7.I can't really comment on either's storyline.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote