View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Yester

Yester is on a distinguished road
Looking for a MUD

Hey all - I've finally decided to get serious about playing MUDs and I am trying to find one to stick with. I have played MUDs on and off for the past 2 years or so. I've been trying a lot of MUDs the past few days and there were a few I enjoyed. I've tried Ivalice - a FF based ROM MUD - which is quite fun but it lacks a large player base. I've only seen three people in the past two days, and they usually only pop in for a couple minutes. I've also tried New Worlds and completed it's tutorial. I was also enjoying that MUD, but after reading the rules , when I finished the tutorial, it stated that I had to be 18 or older to play. That kinda bummed me out, because I will be 18 in a few months. All the other MUDs I logged into had no one online. I'm not picky when it comes to player-base and as long as the MUD has 10 - 20 people online at most hours of the day then that would be great. More are always welcome though!

As for RPing, even though I am still learning, I would really like a MUD that encourages it. I like to feel like I am in the world when I play a MUD and don't like to be distracted by a lot OOC chat. Discussion of the game mechanics OOCly doesn't bother me at all though. PvP isn't a must, but I don't mind it. It probably could add some spice to RP every once in a while.

I also really enjoy games that have some sort of politics involved in them. I think it adds something extra special to the mud, and gives the game much more of a sense of freedom to it. I also really love crafting in every online game I have ever played, but have yet to try it in a MUD.

I know that's a long list of what I'm looking for, but does anyone have any suggestions on a MUD? They would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT:

After playing a bit more on Ivalice this evening it seems there is a pretty active group of players that still play, and they are quite helpful! I must of been just logging on at odd times. I shall continue playing this. Who knows ..... maybe I'll stick around.

Suggestions are still welcome!

Last edited by Yester : 10-20-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Yester is offline   Reply With Quote