View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #3
Archbaron

Name: Andrew
Home MUD: God Wars II
Home MUD: Armageddon
Archbaron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Archbaron Send a message via Yahoo to Archbaron
Re: EmpireMUD! - A different kind of MUD.

Five hours ago, I was here reading this post and thinking that this was just another MUD. But as soon as I logged in, I was kindly greeted and helped through the beginning process of getting into this game and immediately I was hooked. The style that this MUD has is unique, and the strategy to it makes it very deep. While I admit the learning curve is a little steep, there are plenty of people available to help you learn and grow. It has a healthy mix of strategy and role-playing that really appeals to everyone.

It's almost like a textual Age of Empires or a multiplayer Dwarf Fortress in that it is deep and extremely addicting.

Even if you're not sure about this game, log in and give it a try. I was skeptical at first too, but after finding hold in an empire, I was immediately drawn into the MUD.

Now, the OP states that new players should join an empire, and I completely agree with that. Starting out on your own at the beginning is going to be tough. However, something I would like to see is more distribution of players across the empires. Currently, the Corpse Stealers are the most populous empire and this game is most fun when there are multiple empires on even ground, not one that dominates the playerbase. I encourage all new players to look at the options, whether it be with Fulyn and their wealthy empire or with any of the smaller empires who just need a few players to bring them to the next level of expansion and possibilities. No matter what empire you join, we can all help you learn.

See you in-game!
Archbaron is offline   Reply With Quote