View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #64
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Where did I, or anyone, threaten you or your family? Please be so kind as to point it out.

I simply pointed out that since Vryce has exhibited a lack of ethics by stealing something and claiming it as his own and has no problem in doing that, what is keeping him from finding jusfication for any other acts that society considers unethical or illegal? If taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own for your own profit, in spite of their position on that, is acceptable to him, what's keeping him from finding some other act, be it beating his wife or stealing from the local charity, if he can simply justify it by saying that noone took him to court?

You, citing him as your husband, have defended his actions, regardless of what they may be and freely admitted that you get your interpretation of his actions from him. If you can defend one unethical act on the basis of marriage and a lack of litigation, what's going to keep you from defending him on anything else? If your source of opinion is the word of someone else and not the result of your own thinking, what's to keep you from justifying any other act he may ever commit? That's pretty much the same thing that abused women do ("He didn't mean to hurt" or "He means well"). He does something wrong. You defend him. Evidence is presented to the effect that what he's done is wrong. You claim ignorance and "stand by your man". That's been your pattern in this matter and you haven't shown evidence of free-thinking on your part.

So as for insult, if you were insulted by what I said, is it because I hit close to home or because it actually scared you to contemplate about the consequences of not thinking for yourself?

Take care,

Jason