View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #153
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

The listing had it's day in court and was closed. The deletion review may or may not succeed. Apparently someone requested an "RFC" on Cambios the user which seems to lead to a big discussion where people have their say and then at the end of it someone officially tells him off?

I'd suspect that Cambios isn't going to be too active on Wikipedia either way after all this and any discussion on whether or not he should be told to stand in the corner for an hour has less value to Wikipedia than the last comment on the AfD itself which was completely brushed over:

Maybe the answer is to open your own RFC or WP:SOMETHING - in that case I'm going to be extra self-important here and quote myself a second time:

MUDs did just fine for years before Wikipedia existed and whether or not they are covered on Wikipedia itself is probably going to have zero affect on any of our futures. I'd have liked to see the listing stay but they did also add that one AfD does not set "precedence" for another so it might not have mattered either way.

The only real "bad taste" from all this is how the AfD got started in the first place and how a post on this forum somehow became "massive canvassing". Perhaps also a little disappointment in myself that at the end of it all I probably spent more time trying to "defend" Threshold's listing than I did Aardwolf's
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote