View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
MikeRozak

MikeRozak is on a distinguished road
Re: Graphical “MUD” seeking feedback

Good points!

Multiplayer element, player with player - I don't have the usual tank, healer, caster roles. I do have a racial role; Amroth is a very racist place (part of the theme). Being one race helps you in places, and hurts you elsewhere. Therefore, teaming up with members of different races helps (and, of course, is a message about diversity).

And, the same problem can be overcome in different ways. I already have several problems where one solution is to use multiple players working in concert; I probably need more of these though.

Player vs player - Office politics! (And there is PvP combat coded in, though that'll be exposed in my next batch of content.) There are also various ways to put kinks in other players' plans. For example: One quest is for members of the brotherhood (anti-anthro faction) to aggro some dingos into whatever room a small anthro-race character is in. The dingos are smart, know the odds, and will attack small races, but not larger ones. Players can aggro dingos to one of a number of NPCs... or they can aggro the dingos to other players. (I'll have to see how much of a grief-magnet these are though.)

Spore creature creator - I thought exactly the same thing.
MikeRozak is offline   Reply With Quote