View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #15
noodles

noodles is on a distinguished road
Re: The amazing robustness of NiMUD 5

That was not my intention at all. I was just trying to voice concern and offer advice. You could take it as that, and reply clarifying my misunderstandings. I think you can understand why you might think my post was condescending if you admit your initial post lacked clarifying detail which would help me understand what was not described within it.

Again you indicate you're not entirely sure how NiMUD is functioning. I appreciate that you're not one of those people that posts vacuous statements that are not true - instead you just say how it is. It goes down for reasons you do not know, the logs are apparently incomplete and insufficient.. But these are the reasons I'd like to reiterate my concern. And to reoffer the advice, which I hope you take in the good natured way I offer it. That to offer a product that behaves in these unknown ways at this stage only serves to ward off those who might later adopt it when it is ready and behaves in known ways.

By your description and comments, it sounds incomplete and unpolished. This would be understandable, as it takes a lot of time and effort to get a code base up to a reasonable level of functionality and sometimes completing and polishing it just takes too much more that it never happens. Perhaps, if I am misunderstanding because of information you have not given, you might give it and then I could see what you do.