View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #247
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

Ever since the Threshold incident and Wikipedia's rather dubious editorial admin were revealed in all their petty glory, I have just never used it since (Wikipedia). All that incident showed me was how utterly crap the whole concept was and how broken the process for determining if content is worthy. The whole site boils down to power hungry individuals who approach Wikipedia like their own MMO, with guilds and partnerships who squash anyone who dares defend an article with long words and interpretations of rules that suit their own arguments.

The whole incident was in a major article in a UK magazine who basically highlighted just how bad the situation was. However, fortuntly a large chunk of that was dedicated to Threshold itself, which gave them all the notable they needed.

Personally, I dont think its worth the hassle anymore, if someone searches for Artic Mud, they will find it using google, who gives a fig if Wikipedia has it or not. Also, to dismiss sources such as TMS and TMC which predate Wikipedia by huge time factors is laughable.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote