Thread: One Man Job?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 04:37 AM   #1
NotL337

NotL337 is on a distinguished road
I have a bit of a dilemma.

I plan to code, build, and design my entire world mostly by myself. I intend to code the features, write roughly 10,000 rooms that'll be open once the MUD starts, and of course do all of the history/races/etc. by myself.

As far as the sheer volume of the work goes, I'm 100% certain that I can do it. I'm going to be taking a few years to get it done, of course, but I'm more than capable of handling the workload.

But my real question is: Should I?

My reasons for doing it are that I know I can depend on myself, I want the world to have a good, continuous feel to it (which is easier if you have one writer), and I already have the world outlined quite clearly in my brain and just need to get it all down on paper.

But would not enough cooks spoil the soup?

I'm not worried about getting lazy or hurried--that's not how I work. If I sense I'm cutting corners in my writing, I've always made it a habit to move to something else till I can come back and do a proper job. But I suppose my real worry is that I might have trouble getting people to join on if the MUD's just starting up, but it's already highly designed.
NotL337 is offline   Reply With Quote