View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: Aarchon MUD - Looking for a review/critique

Hi,
Just thought I'd chime in and tell you why I've not tried your game, as you are in the top 40 on tms. I don't know how the game plays but and offer the following with that disclaimer but:

The web site makes it look like another <fill in the blank> codebase-based mud. I see lots of classes, but very little content to make me think that it's something new and different; I generally look for crafting, or unique spells that aren't restrings, or enchanting, or something. Your web site should tell me why you over another mud, and tbh, I've not seen anything on there that hasn't been done elsewhere.

I know that areas make the mud too, and haven't tried the mud, but if I log on to the mud and don't immediately go "ooo, that's different!" you probably won't keep me. That said, I do at least generally finish the newbie area; the differences don't always show up.

And just one more thought; there seems to be a recent trend of creating, checking who, and deleting. You may be experiencing that. I myself am guilty of that, but it has since been pointed out in a number of places that it doesn't actually fix the problem but makes it worse. So, and this thread may not be the right place, don't do that, people.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote