View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Cirion56

Cirion56 is on a distinguished road
Question I'm looking for a new home; RP enforced

So I'm returning to MUDs after about a year hiatus or so and I'm looking for a new place to call home.

I've put a lot of money and time into Midkemia, only to return with everything decayed on my character, and rather than walk around naked and rebuild, I'd like to start at a new place.

I'm looking for somewhere that RP is enforced, because that's the reason I play MUDs personally and something that I find enjoyable.

What I would like is somewhere with a large selection of races, also with supernatural ones. I'm not looking for a million vampires, werewolves, or whatever your game has to be walking around, but I'd like that element of darkness to be present in the game.

Class wise, I enjoy classless systems and if there is a "level" system in your game, I'm not interested in spending time bashing or grinding for hours on end, or even minutes for that matter. I'm looking to make a character and grow them through RP, not play a glorified World of Warcraft. I also enjoy an established magic system that doesn't require me to alias 500 commands to do one thing.

I've done pay for perks so if your game has it, I'm not interested at all. This includes, "We have a donation system where you get a free house," or things along those lines. I don't care if you get a 1 slot inventory expansion for donating, I'm not interested. If your game is good enough, people will want to donate to keep it up, with the only incentive being that they get to play the game they love. As I said, I've done the pay for perks thing before and at this point in my MUDding career, I'm looking to find something different.

Since I'm returning to text based gaming, I'm looking for a sort of contradiction, and that is an easy introduction to the game that leads to complexity. Now when I say complexity, I don't mean system wise. Coded, I'd prefer a very simple system that doesn't require aliases. Role wise however, I'm looking for that complex atmosphere that comes from developed stories and characters that someone can work their way into. That is what originally drew me into Midkemia. The commands are very simple but the roleplay was complex.

As for aesthetics, color is always good, just to break things up a little. Room descriptions should be detailed though not a novel, and correctly spelled. I'm no grammar nazi, as mine itself isn't perfect, but I do appreciate something well written.

I look forward to trying a small selection of MUDs and possibly finding a great new place to call home.
Cirion56 is offline   Reply With Quote