Thread: Varied Areas
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 01:11 AM   #15
Orda

Orda is on a distinguished road
I have always wanted/desired to build a huge world with a group of builders.

It would consist of a few towns, and beneath them would be a hidden entrance to some underground complexs. The complexs would lead to the cities by way of a style of maze, but would also lead to some waiste lands, or even onto a road or whatever random area would fit a theme. I once started such an area an due to not getting along with some saff we disband the project.

As someone else said, I feel that combined areas always add to some adventure. However the areas need to be linked and have some componets to enter certain areas from one place to the next. IE. obtain a key from a foreman on level one, that will grant access to level 2 and so on and so forth.

What I have seen with many builders, unless they find adminstrative staff they can get along with, people have a hard time fully getting inspired - or - sticking with the theme. This is due to the lack of drive the head of the staff uses to inspire the area developers. On one game, I have seen a major amount of adventuresom (sp? not sure if that is a word) areas which they offer the playerbase. this is the key in building, imo. Offer some adventure, areas that take knowledge to get thru or into in order to have fun or even search out some pk.

I hope this all makes sense and am willing to discuss it all more, but as of now I better make this my last post as I am a bit drunk.
Orda is offline   Reply With Quote