View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #89
Aardwolf

Aardwolf is on a distinguished road
Why people put up with this from a mud they play is beyond me. In the meantime I do not appreciate Medievia saying they implemented the same feature as Aardwolf. Nope, you defaulted it to on and you threatened players that turned it off.

Now you claim to have modified that helpfile, but it really doesn't matter. You posted a helpfile telling players that if they did not vote they would be thought of negatively by the administration, would not be helped if they needed it and would not be considered for "avatar". Now you removed the helpfile not because you had a change of heart but because you were forced to. Your players know this, they know how you feel, they don't need the helpfile to feel pressure to vote .. the fact that it ever existed at all is pressure enough.

Now a question for Synozeer - is it legal to have it publicly (or to certain players) visible whether or not other players have voted / opted in to a voting feature? To me the peer pressure is pressure enough for people to vote, more so than any automated reminder. I know Medievia is not the only mud to do this. Some even track the ip logs from their website and compare those to online players in an attempt to see who actually clicked the vote link. The irony is that one of the holier-than-though posters throwing around "Aardwolf is cheating" crap yesterday has been doing this for years.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote