View Single Post
Old 10-05-2002, 02:36 PM   #2
Azimuth

Azimuth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Azimuth
I believe that Inferno offers everything that you are looking for.

1- MOST existing players will go out of their way to help newbies, and a GM, when available, will spend some time with the new player in the OOC area to discuss things.

2- It is a roleplay intensive environment. Some think that it is too intense and some not intense enough. New players will be corrected through whispers if they make mistakes but most veteran players are quite understanding of newbie mistakes, having once been there themselves.

3-There are crafting professions available and some crafters are the among the most powerful or respected characters in the game.  There is no need to kill anything in order to advance in skill or rank.

4-Levels DO exist in Inferno, but the game is skill-based. You train as you go and not just when you level, making it simple to overcome a training error or oversight.

5-Inferno has a high medieval fantasy setting.

6-Unfortunately, Inferno is NOT free and is actually expensive when compared to some PTP games.  The first month is free but after that the game is $30 a month, for two character slots.  A second version, Inferno Firestorm, is $15 a month. It has less strict roleplay standards and allows afk scripting. I tried it but it wasn't for me. Inferno does not charge for extras like some games do.

7-Shops, taverns, homes, castles, etc. can be built.  But it does take resources. A new player would not likely have the ability to build a home or shop for quite some time.

8-There is quite a bit of political and non-political intrigue in Inferno that anyone can become involved in or be drawn into.
I've never heard of players getting favoritism from GMs but one ex-Inferno player recently made a claim on these boards that there is some. ::shrug::

9-I believe the code to be custom built but I'm not positive since I know little about codes.  I think that it works fine for RP but I don't have much to compare it to having played only three MUDS for any length of time.

10-Some, but definitely not all, NPC Bots will respond to certain questions, phrases, circumstances. GM run NPC's of course will respond to the other characters but I don't think that is what you were asking.

Again, I love Inferno but I understand that for some $30 a month is quite expensive.  Unless you think that there is no way in whe world that you would ever pay that much, then come try it free for 30 days.  We suggest that all new players spend some time in the manual before they roll up their first character.  If you have any questions feel free to email me at

Azimuth.
Azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote