View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 04:24 AM   #3
Arvam

Arvam is on a distinguished road
I'll just build on some of the things that Valg mentioned here.

First, our class diversity.  This is one of the reasons I still can play mortal after mortal after several years of playing CF, and being on the immstaff.  Nearly every class you can choose has some amount of customization to it so you can direct where you want to go with each character.  Warriors choose weapons to specialize in, invokers can choose which elements to focus their studies on, shapeshifters can choose which focus of forms they can attempt to learn.  I could go on even further with our other classes, but I don't wanna bore anyone now.  All of these classes are balanced to stand up against each other.  They are also designed to stand up at each other at all ranks.  We try to do away with the idea that mages *must* be weak early on, and warriors weak in the late game.  No matter what you pick, we do all we can to make sure you have a competing shot at any level.

Second, our quests all add into the history and flavor of our world.  Our history has been written by us, and by our players.  When people speak of some other great names of the past, they are talking about other real players of the game.  This also holds true for the events we hold.  These are things we run, and that our players have a chance to be a part of the shaping of the history of the game.

Third, a unique blend of RP and PK.  RP is enforced, and PK is mandatory.  There is no toggle so you can't be killed.  While we do have restrictions on who you can kill according to level and experience attained, there is no way to escape being killed altogether.  This creates for a very unique environment.  If you wish to play a valiant knight, another player may very well be playing your archnemesis.  You will have oppurtunities to roleplay with them, as well as fight them, and this creates for a rather unique experience.  We have places for all kinds of players.  The Bloodthirsty can join the Battleragers and join the fight against magic, or you can join the mysterious Chasm of the Eternal Night, or if you would rather play a more light hearted role, you can join the Heralds of the Eternal Star.  We have options for nearly every kind of fantasy role you would want to play.

I just felt like expanding on a few of Valg's points, but the main one is give us a shot.  There is a lot to see and do, and while it may seem overwhelming, we do all we can to make the transition friendly, without the spoon feeding.
Arvam is offline   Reply With Quote