View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
NipsMcGee

NipsMcGee is on a distinguished road
Anyone interested in a pathfinder/Golarion mud?

Hello there, I'm posting on behalf of a small team already working on the pre-dev stages of a MUD project, and my purpose here is this:

Firstly, to get all of you to continue reading the entirety of this post. Just because this is a startup project doesn't mean it's doomed to fail. Yes, statistically most of the MUD projects that start, simply fail, for a plethora of reasons. But if we get solid additions to our already solid 3 person team, that's a good start!

Secondly, I'm here to gauge interest regarding our dream of a pathfinder/Golarion themed MUD. Codebase doesn't matter to us, but we have been fiddling with a coffeemud server for a little bit, just to see how things feel. We're Mainly looking for one or two coders that preferably know and like the pathfinder campaign setting and the world of Golarion. Knowing/liking the setting/world isn't a must, but obviously it would help keep you interested.

Builder positions are also available, but having a coder or two to lay down the basis and tweak some things first would be good. I'd honestly rather start the project with a solid, diverse team with everyone on the same page, but as far as that goes, I don't need to dream in one hand and crap in the other to know which would fill up first.

Ideally, the MUD will be RP encouraged, but not enforced. Lots of races and classes to choose from, with optional multiclassing. Needing lots of features coded into the races and classes, so that'd be one of the first code projects. Other than that, projects would likely depend on the codebase we decide on.

So, if you're interested at all in Pathfinder and the world of Golarion coming to life in MUD form, please hit me up. Either here in this thread, or a PM, or an email at: rndrhl(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

Also, no need for responses asking/telling me to check with the creators before I use the material, yada yada.. It's all open game content, and the MUD will obviously be free of charge. No money involved whatsoever, so dont worry, no toes are going to be stepped on.

Thanks in advance!
NipsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote