View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
CaptainLepidus

CaptainLepidus is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for builders, or building tips

Yeah

Ideally I'd like more players, although actually I'm hoping to target newer players - players without expectations of the genre. I want to do something new here, and I think I have an opportunity. Being relatively new to the MUD community, I can probably see MUDs from a different angle. But I wouldn't mind some older, more experienced players as well

I've already seen a few, but it's my understanding that these are simply web-based MUD clients; my game works on an entirely different system. So, for now, I'll be sticking with web-based.

Yeah, I can see the issues there. I might do something like, for example, (height:5), where if the player was higher than five feet that would give something like "short" and taller, "huge". But, I can see how that could lead to issues.

MXP? The traditional MUD format? And yeah, for now I'll just stick to HTML.

Well, it could be in game, but the idea is that it isn't player-specific - every one sees the same map. That way they have to figure out where exactly they are in the world. I think that's a lot more realistic than a minimap that shows the player's location.
CaptainLepidus is offline   Reply With Quote