Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
Ebony

Ebony is on a distinguished road
Wink

This story occured around four months ago on Achaea, and resulted in me stopping playing Achaea for around three months.
I had just finished my (rather extensive) interview and had been accepted fully into the Paladin's Guild. After a somewhat embarassing meeting with some possible mentors, I had ended up being taken on by Meadlin, a dwarven knight who had already taught me some lessons, one's which still serve me well (they involve not ****ing off your guild elders). Anyway, he had asked me some basic questions about my level, skills, etc., and told me he wanted me to work on getting a little bit stronger so I could learn some technique or other in Chivalry. That was the last time I saw him.
I returned to Achaea two more times without seeing him before I found out what had happened. Only a few moments after I materialized at Fish Street (a common corssroads in my city), a dwarven knight asked me if my knight-master had returned to the order. Puzzled, I asked when he left.
As it turned out, Meadlin had apparently betrayed not only the guild, but also Pentharian, our divine patron, and possibly Shallam, the city (it wasn't clear to me; I was rather dazed). Although it took only few moments for me to go from "Ebony, Squire of Meadlin" to 'Errant Squire Ebony", I was rather struck. I got another knight-master rather quickly, but I dropped out of Achaea, because Meadlin ahd been one my guildmates I admired the most.
Now my new knight-master, Calis, has turned out to be a great guy, and I have returned to Achaea, but this is still an event that taints my relations with my guild, even if only in my mind.
Ebony is offline   Reply With Quote