Thread: Trust networks
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 11:52 PM   #11
Burke

Burke is on a distinguished road
I am not sure of what you want but I think -any- consensus is skewed by existing relationships amongst a group.

The only thing that comes to mind that might help is a poll. When I say poll I mean a series of carefully worded questions and carefully chosen possible answers with a place where people must explain their answers.

This way you get a wealth of knowledge about what a certain person thinks of another's RP. If you break down RP into chunks (emoting, ability to stay in character, background, etc.) and make voters explain why they gave a certain player a certain rating for each category then you have more information on which to judge a particular person's vote and whether you think its well justified.

Polls are an art all their own and a well-designed poll takes work. Hopefully you could find something about polls in the political realm and how they word them to get meaningful answers. A badly worded poll can tell you next to nothing. I am no expert on them but I did take a course or two about polls many years ago and I recall the wording being of top importance. Hope any of this helps.
Burke is offline   Reply With Quote