View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 04:48 PM   #5
Synozeer

Synozeer is on a distinguished road
Incentives are officially sanctioned for the time being. Currently, enforcing a system where no incentives are allowed would be too time-consuming and ripe for abuse.

Imagine if a group of people report that a mud used incentives to get players to vote, and even doctored up a small log to show this is the case. I can get on that mud, but I won't see anything out of the ordinary unless I stay there for long periods of time and get lucky. And I certainly can't punish a mud for doing this unless I have positive proof, which basically means I need to see it myself. The time I'd need to spend to check every accusation (and there would be many) would be too great, and I would have to check *every* accusation, or the system fails at this point.

In a perfect world, it would be great to have the ranking list show which mud is the best and most liked. To do that, the entire ranking system would need an overhaul. TMS (in its current incarnation) is more akin to a banner exchange, where the more visitors you send, the more you receive. While you may have muds at the top of the list who by far send more visitors than other muds, the fact is, the more traffic sent to TMS, the better chance you'll get a new player, even if that traffic is just from someone who is doing it to get some sort of reward.

I am reading all your posts, and I am considering all suggestions, so please don't feel like it's falling on deaf ears - it's not. I simply prefer discussions and debates to play themselves out so I can get the maximum number of viewpoints and ideas. Along those lines, I've been reading the PTP mud discussions, so please keep those ideas coming.

Thanks,
Synozeer
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote