Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
Lurker94

Lurker94 is on a distinguished road
Re: Question

Have you by any chance read: ?

Depending on a person's focus on mudding you'll get different answers to your question.

I find it difficult to truly know nearly everything about a mud. I can enjoy doing things that would seem pointless to a very driven competitive mudder. For example, if most players get the UBER WEAPON of DEATH, then I'll purposely not use that weapon and see if it's possible to go slay the BIG BADDIE MONSTER with the ALMOST UBER WEAPON of DEATH or what would happen if I tried using a very ordinary weapon?

Long ago, one mud's coder/owner explosed me to the notion of trying out little experiments. He showed me that even if you know the code backwards and forwards there are ways to challenge and amuse yourself.

So for me, game content does not need to change too often if a mud is already well developed because there are usually facets of a game few players truly explore. If I really feel as if there's nothing left for me to learn and I love a mud, I'll go wander off and play a different style of mud for awhile. Usually if I wait long enough, when I return to the first mud, I will have forgotten enough things and have the pleasure of discovering them anew!
Lurker94 is offline   Reply With Quote