View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 AM   #1
Fate

Home MUD: http://www.baskettcase.com/edge/
Fate is on a distinguished road
A Difficult Puzzle

Ok I am grasping for straws here... I know this is going to differ for different code based muds, but I play a heavily modified Diku mud. There is a puzzle where you are in a no exit room, there is a corpse (container) on the ground, it is locked, and then there is a ghost (mob) in the room. The room flags that Im sure of are: NO_MAGIC NO_HEAL SAFE_ZONE NOASTRAL LIGHT, there might be others. Apparently there is a way to unlock the corpse get the eq in the corpse and get out of the room, without any sort of exploits.

We have brought a charmed gasser into the room, and then a player with a killer flag, and order the gasser mob to kill the pflagged player. Which then the mob gasses the entire room and makes the mob start fighting also. We've killed the mob, but nothing came from that so apparently the mob doesn't have the key. We think it's in a container in the room, but the imm that created the zone said that it was something that hadn't been done before. Using regular Diku tools, but in a "new" way.. and locked containers are anything but new We figured out a way of getting NOTAKE items that are on a mob... we kill the mob, then have a cleric animate the corpse, give the corpse an uncurse scroll and have him recite it on said object and now the mob can give us the notake item. The imm said that the answer to this "riddle" is on the same lines.. as in.. you have to think outside of the box, think "around" the obvious things that room flags can do. What special things can a room do if certain flags are set on it, the.. not so obvious things. These are all hints he has given us.. but none of us can figure it out...

I know.. it's likely no one is going to be able to help.. but would love it if someone had some ideas
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote