View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Why I leave MUDs - Misha's version

Wowza! This is New Worlds Ateraan and that was our chief of staff who rarely goes that far to help a new player. Not because we don't care about new players, but because the staff at NWA is very busy with 100's of things. On the contrary, NWA is likely the most new player friendly of all the RP enforced games.

We have a staff and guides (junior staff) who soul job is to assist new players in the game and other players issues. We have a full tutorial that is optional to brand new players to text games. We have very well documented help files and a new player system to help them. I think it is one of the best and I think the other players are very interactive but you must also be interactive too.

What you likely found is that we do require you to immerse yourself in your character and the easiest way to become part of the game is to engage in roleplay with others. If you are thinking things are handed on your plate like in WoW, or Facebook, or other online systems that cater to the gimme gimme gimme of today's youth, you likely do get bored in Text games.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote