View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Why Do So Many Women Play Threshold RPG?

Kitriana. I'm going to comment on some of what you say because I agree and disagree with parts of it. Let me preface this by saying that over 50% of the players at NWA are female. Last estimate was around 55% to 60% (this does not include genderbenders, I'm talking about players, not characters).

Yes I would agree partially with this, though I have known many male characters to be very social and in fact even more dramatic than female.

Feeling safe from harrassment is found in any game that has rules against this and age rules. NWA has both.

Agreed. 70% of the administration and staff on NWA is female and add a good diversity to management. 50% of the leaders are also female, but this fluctuates because we like a game that leadership changes regularly giving all players an opportunity to lead.[/quote]

There was another post about MMORPG Forums. You are talking about children from 13 (some 9) to 18 on those forums and the games. Hence the reason for poor roleplay, harrassment, and idiocy on games like WoW. And the reason for popularity of games like NWA where you must be 18 and you must roleplay. Tends to weed out the immaturity.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote