View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #49
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

You guys are really discussing trivial semantics at this point.

Making a big stink about how use of the phrase "ignorant" of X, rather than a different word or phrase such as "unaware of the fact," has a derogatory connotation isn't all that different than making a big stink about people using the word "gay" in place of other adjectives. And it's discussing the discussion rather than the merits or content thereof.

Honestly, this recent stink isn't about the stink anyway. The content is about 25% discussion, 75% anti-Threshold propaganda. "OMG! I will never waste time on Threshold, which must be a seriously crappy game, because the guy who runs it said something I didn't like on an online forum! Other people should do the same to make their discontent known! Down with Threshold! Because I don't like the game! Rawr!" I guess that's a fair response to the initial post, since the whole "Threshold is a great and accepting place for homosexuals" article has about a 30:70 ratio of content versus Threshold advertisement. But come off it and add something to the discussion. At least aim for a 50-50 content to agenda ratio.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote