View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #52
Gesslar

Home MUD: ThresholdRPG
Gesslar is on a distinguished road
Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

@SnowTroll
I was taught that it was wrong to use slurs. So, I don't use them. The word black people don't like people using? I don't use it. The slur that is used for Jewish people? I don't use it. I don't even use the American word for Inuit. These are the right things to do. So, as a homosexual, I do find it offensive to be the subject of, or witness to a slur that is derogatory to my sexuality and which is inarguably socially sensitive. I don't feel 'not casting slurs' is an incredibly high standard by which to hold a person.

Inaction is action. Not working to make one's social gaming environment free of bigotry is a statement in itself. And there are places people can go, thankfully, where these things aren't tolerated. And that's good.

I almost feel the need to apologize that you have difficulty understanding why someone might shy away from environments where bigotry is a problem, but perhaps that's the Canadian in me. [insert Nationalistic slur here]
Gesslar is offline   Reply With Quote