View Single Post
Old 05-28-2002, 10:20 AM   #10
Aeledius

Aeledius is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Aeledius Send a message via AIM to Aeledius Send a message via MSN to Aeledius
I choose not to pay for the basic reason of: The MUD isn't making any money, I'm not, and as such, neither should my builders. They don't do any more work than me, or any more important work than I do, this is not to say that they don't do work, or that it isn't important, just that mine is just as (I'm the founder and sole coder).

I think once we get to a point where the game is generating funds, greater than the cost of upkeep and we are turning a profit, I shall then look into paying my builders, admins and other staff, and myself. I have resolved not to take any money myself personally until I can do the same at least for the higher ranking staff. All procedes now go straight to upgrades, paying for the line, and hopefully buying a domain name when we get enough.

From what I understand tho, that is a major undertaking and there is a massive amount of red tape involved, especially since I don't have a single builder from the same country as me.

Just my thoughts.
James Meyer
aka Aldyn, Creator and Founder of Aeledius
Aeledius is offline   Reply With Quote