View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 06:55 PM   #2
gth

gth is on a distinguished road
I have alot of sympathy for those who have to deal with dorks - I've been an immortal for over 3 years (not a drop in the ocean compared to some folks around here) and there are ALWAYS dorks who thrive on the attention.

The unfortunate problem with reviews and rebuttals here is it quickly begins to sound like a bad soap opera - even though your problem player brought it to TMS in the first place.  

My advice is to be *brief* with such dorks.  The moment you found his complaint was baseless, state your reason and cease communication on the subject.  He raises a prior incident, ask for a log.  No log? Then cease communication on that subject too.

ALL regular players of MUDs (especially those who complain loudly) know about logging and that it is the first thing any admin asks for when investigating a problem.  I have no time or patience for someone who knows how to log, but doesn't send me one.

It's one thing to send a polite message - 'I don't have a log, but you may want to keep an eye on Devistatesman because he killed my defenceless base yesterday.' ...but quite another to expect an immediate and harsh response without proof.

[edited typo]
gth is offline   Reply With Quote