Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Question

I think it really depends on what you like and how much you like the game. I have played many games (stand alone or xbox) to the finish and replayed them. As for muds, it would depend on the MUD. On NW, you can't really win as it is a high end roleplaying game where success is based on your interaction with others as well as your own personal gains. It is very complex.

I do believe as others have said that a MUD needs to be a little dynamic in that things change. On NW, the creation team changes things all the time without the knowledge of the players. It is part of the game dynamic to have subtle modifications to areas and the game and part of the policy for the players to find out everything in character. We don't provide area updates (unless you find them in the game) beyond the global map on the website. Nor do we provide notifications on changes that revolve around roleplay or what you could find out in character. It tends to keep things more interesting.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote