View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 01:27 AM   #136
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
So what you're saying then is that there are multiple valid definitions of the word 'professional.' Interesting, as that's exactly what I constantly point out in regards to the word 'free.' Please keep in mind that I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just pointing out that the reaction you have to the professional/hobbyist divide because you don't feel it fully represents what you do and what you are applies to other things as well, including business models. I've no objection to listing business models in the database. I've an objection to listing them incompletely.

Listen, where's what we know: We know that TMS has thousands of users coming here. Obviously a lot of users find TMS valuable as it is or they wouldn't come here. Is it reasonable to assume some of them could find it better with certain changes? Yes, of course. Do we have any evidence or any way of really objectively telling what specific changes those might be? Nope.

What I assume isn't so much an assumption as just pointing out that there is evidence that TMS users find value in TMS as it is (in that they visit it frequently), but there is no evidence that they want this proposed change.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote