View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #34
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Botting - why?

Such a statement is somewhat disingenuous; nearly every mud feature is going to impact players. As mud developers we have to weigh up the pros and cons of every design decision we make, and we're each going to have different goals and priorities.

If you don't consider a feature worth adding then of course that's your prerogative. But in a public discussion about mud design, I don't think it's particularly constructive to insist that a feature is "impossible" simply because you don't feel it fits your own game design.

Which is why I said "There really is nothing you can bot, at least from a competitive/gameplay perspective."

Of course you could write a talker bot or something, but that's not the problem being discussed in this thread. In fact I explicitly mentioned that "I actually like bots that offer useful services to other players".

The point I was making is that there is absolutely no benefit in botting Gladiator Pits. It is physically possible to create a bot, sure, but all of the benefits of botting have been completely eliminated.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote