View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: Does not play well with others (RPI/RPE)

Wrong yet again. I met Delerak from these forums. While he's hot-headed and prone to occassionally taking leaps into the absurd, he also has a long history of experience with RPI MUDs. A person's behavior may cause some to dislike him but that doesn't invalidate the facts he presents. Linking the validity of information with one's feelings toward an individual is as sure of a way as any to make errors. Let me give you an example:

You don't like me.

I tell you that drinking a gallon of anti-freeze solution is bad for you.

Does your bias against me therefore negate the validity of what I've said? Of course not but if you want to believe it does, by all means go get a gallon of anti-freeze and test my statement.

Delerak, just like anyone else from the early period of RPIs, can serve as a valuable resource for information from that period (my own experience with RPIs began in 1999 after the term and genre had already existed for over half a decade). Liking or disliking him is irrelevant to that pursuit. That said, perhaps if you got to know him instead of simply stereotyping him because of his tone, you'd realize something about yourself.

As for the insults directed at me, I have only one thing to say. Read the title of this thread and then look at your own behavior and comments. Then attempt to reason.

Last edited by prof1515 : 03-13-2010 at 02:20 PM.
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote