View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #17
Sasca

Sasca is on a distinguished road
Re: Most embarrassing RP moments?

Typos happen a lot to me, I think, because I generally stay up far too late and before I know it, I might as well use sausages to type instead of fingers. My favourites have been adding spurious letters in to emotes, so instead of 'em sits quietly on the edge of the bed.', I get 'Sasca s*its quietly on the edge of the bed.' The worst, most cringe-worthy moment, tho', was whilst attending a meeting with a very high-level Ranger when I was trying very hard to join the Ranger's Guild after weeks of work. I was really intimidated and flattered by being asked to this meeting; there were a lot of important people there. The Ranger Lord starts talking about the role of Rangers in the lands, and I'm daring not to emote anything but the occasion nod to show I'm listening. He gets to a crucial part of his speech, at which point I try to 'nod' and end up typing something else, with the result of:
Rangerfellow says ''The Rangers of Blahdeblah work dutifully towards maintaining the Balance of Nature and Civilization..'
Sasca yells, 'NOT!'

...it was awful. A room full of people turned to stare at me, and all I could do was clear my throat and nod firmly in agreement. To this day, I still cringe when I think about it!
Sasca is offline   Reply With Quote