View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #118
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
While, in the past I have been vocal against my ire for Med. I want to make a couple of comments.

The DIKU Group set a precedent when they decided to Initiate a Lawsuit against SOE, over Everquest. It seems that they are more then happy to relinquish legal rights to a lawsuit, with simple sworn statements stating that it's not based on the code. It's no longer an issue of whether the DIKU creators have the money to sue. They no longer have the will to deal with the community. Do a simple google search for any of them. Most of them have moved on to far greater things.

There are many gauges of character in this community. And there are many people who have upheld and encouraged an ethical code to the community. As these people left the community (Many taking the hobby to the next step and becoming professional) the Hobbyist were left behind. There was a time, when unsolicited contribution of thoughts and ideas, self policing, add proven ability were the gauges. (MUD-DEV)

Raph Koster, Richard Bartle, and Jessica Mulligan just to name a few. Yui and Eiz, have pointed out that part of their decision over at Mudlab was Signal to Noise ratios. Not to speak for them, but it's that concept that contribution is the core to the community, and when members do not contribute selfishlessly, but take from the community they cause harm. It Angers people. No one on either side has extended an olive branch that the other is willing to consider. And they refuse to budge until the otherside does.

Meh, those are just my attempts to insert my opinions in a way that attempts to be non-accusatory to either side.

This is not meant as a dig, but as a serious question:

Soliel, if you are not able to or willing to explain certain actions (that have or could have happened) that your company may take in regards to Stolen Code (Whether you stole code, or someone stole your code), why when I follow the link to the How Med got started, it directs us to email you if we have questions regarding the issues on the page? Which are obviously meant to try and clarify the companies stance on the issues? And why does Vryce continue his silence? If you say he is willing to clarify facts, I'm sure he could see the benefit in stepping foward and being pro-active.
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote