View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
Rift

Rift is on a distinguished road
Re: Sounding the waters for interest

Well, I don't have exclusive rights (just permission from the author to avoid legal issues later on). I'm the only one developing from this theme to my knowledge, and no current theme derived from it IS being used for a MUSH.

The thing is that it's highly RP-based. I've decided to develop a web site and wiki, and advertise for staff before I begin grid and code building.

It's moreso gonna be an RP MUSH with coded support for combat and skills and special abilities. I want all of it to be softcoded so I can add more options on player request. In truth, now that I have official permission, I can reveal with confidence that it's predicated on the theme from John Ringo's "Council Wars" series. Thus, I don't depend on series popularity to draw many people (it's a reasonably well-read series, but I've had trouble finding people who both know what it is and would play an RPG set in a fantasy simulation within a sci-fi world of high technology).

Anyway, I'll take this advice to heart. Sure it's a gamble, but if this idea doesn't work, I have others. I'm gonna start it up.
Rift is offline   Reply With Quote