Thread: Power Gamers
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #10
scandum

scandum will become famous soon enough
Re: Power Gamers

Currently my mud only has power players, and given the complexity of most areas there's a huge knowledge gap between them and newbies, which I guess is quite discouraging.

WoW sort of deals with this problem by giving people who login infrequently a bonus to their exp gains.

I've always been the bug abusing type of power player. The best way imo to deal with those is snooping/logging them and fixing the features they're taking advantage of.

Bored pkillers slaying newbies can be another big issue, this is mostly a game design issue with newbies being too easy to find.

Botters are a problem as well, deleting their pfiles generally works to discourage them, especially if you wait a while with doing so to make sure they become emotionally involved with their characters. Warning them and minor punishments just result in better bots or people botting when they know you're asleep or at work.

The zombies are annoying as well, they play like people who bot but aren't actually botting, so you waste a lot of time making sure they're playing manually. Some pattern recognition routines might come in handy for those.
scandum is offline   Reply With Quote