View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
I agree with Jaz. I've been at Armageddon roughly 3 years, and in that time I've seen alot of newbie 'surges'. While it can be frustrating with all of the newbies, remember how confusing it was when you started, if only for a bit.

I must have played six months before I fell into my groove, and then it was only because of a certain set of PC leaders in a certain mercenery group were fantastically helpful, and infinately patient. I've seen completely hopeless newbies go from socials to three line combat emotes in a month, and I've seen newbies take a year to fully get it...

I guess that kinda went nowhere, but just remember that they hopefully love the world as much as you, but if not, use your own talent and desire to enrich the world so that they will see how exciting it can be and strive to improve their own skills...

But, I'm an ass so you can probably ignore me.

EDIT: Ah yes, and like Jazuela said, if they're spamming skills, 'exping', being twinkish or completely unrealistic, mail the admin. Our Immortals don't tolerate **** like that, and for good reason. They usually fix people like that real quick.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote