Thread: Drawing a Pbase
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 11:03 PM   #8
caspin00

caspin00 is on a distinguished road
Well I'm not really a coder, but I am a player so perhaps I can add my two cents. Personally from the sound of your website I'd love your mud, except for the fact that it's WoT. WoT is a strange setting cause it's a series that is so original that unless a player has read a good portion, it seems almost alien. I myself have read the first three books and I still don't even know what most the races are. If your absolutly commited to a WoT mud (it has great potential as a setting) then what I would do is perhaps as an intro give a small background of what's going on in the world. Also I noticed that some of your help topics on races are kinda strange. Example is I typed help on one and it said taller then x but shorter then y, when unless I know WoT I don't know how tall x and y are... So all in all I don't think it' a problem with your mud but rather your setting, while WoT is a great setting you have to face the fact that it has a somewhat limited audiance, which is already being taken by some of the larger muds in the genre.
caspin00 is offline   Reply With Quote